The Ripple Effect 2018, Live to Love
This year AYUDH is calling on individuals to emphasize the role of love in service, empowerment and global community.
Join those ages 15-30 from around the world in a five day meet of learning, inspiration, and exchange at AYUDH Americas’s 5th international youth summit – The Ripple Effect.
Early bird registration fee of $100 will end Saturday, July 21st due to multiple requests for an extension. Please register before this time to reserve your spot as soon as possible before the fee increases to $120.
In response to the violence, terrorism and rapid environmental destruction we see around us, AYUDH will be emphasizing the role of love in service, empowerment and global community. AYUDH is unique in its focus because we do not only work to support our communities through service or empowerment of young people, we do this with the mission of love, compassion and belief in the ultimate goodness of the world as espoused by Amma. At The Ripple Effect, we offer a platform for 200 youth from 10+ countries come together in a high-level discussion on the most pressing issues of today. These discussions result in practical action– initiatives that will be carried out by our 20+ chapters across South and North America.
This Years Speakers
- HERB GRAHAM JR., Composer and Producer
- CASAR JACOBSON, Disability Rights Activist & Former Miss. Canada
- CURT GARCIA, Tewa Dancer of the North
- SIENNA NORDQUIST, Youngest Global Community Champion for UN Women
- BR. DAYAMRITA CHAITANYA, Senior Disciple of Amma
- BR. SHANTAMRITA CHAITANYA, Senior Disciple of Amma
- BR. RAMANAND, Long Term Disciple of Amma
- BRI. REMADEVI, Long Term Disciple of Amma
- PHOTOGRAPHY with Todd Sanchioni
- AFRICAN DANCE & DRUMS, Tara Murphy
- BEATS, MUSIC & MORE, Ruth Mendelson
- MUSIC & PRODUCTION, Herb Graham
- IAM Meditation, Clive & Kaivalya
- AMRITA YOGA, Bri Remadevi
- SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING, Faith
- Source Reduction, Vino & Anavadya
We will provide transportation to and from the Chicago ORD and MDW airports at the following times.
Please book flights around the following shuttle times:
- Pickup from ORD on 7/31 and 8/1 at 11am, 2pm, 5pm, and 8pm and FRIDAY 8/3 at 8 pm
- Pickup from MDW on 7/31 and 8/1 at 12:15pm, 3:15pm, 6:15pm, and 9:15pm and FRIDAY 8/3 at 9:15
- Drop off to ORD on 8/5 and 8/6: 8am, 11am, 2pm, and 5pm
- Drop off to MDW on 8/5 and 8/6: 9:15am, 12:15pm, 3:15pm, and 6:15pm
Interested in volunteering?
We have a limited number of volunteering spots for those interested in coming during the five days and helping out. We need lots of help in transportation, accommodation, food, and summit prep. If you are interested in coming as a volunteer out of the AYUDH age range, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the form below.
At AYUDH, we believe that personal transformation lies at the heart of lasting change. Therefore, in addition to cultural, social, political and ecological perspectives, we also consider a spiritual dimension when addressing the main themes of the summit. The teachings of spiritual leader and humanitarian Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) form an important part of this reflection.